Come discover the steps God used to give us our English Bible as Joe looks back to 1400 BC with the writing of the Torah and continues into the 3rd century BC with the translation of the Septuagint (LXX) and on to Jerome’s Latin Vulgate in the 5th century AD. Understand the contributions of John Wycliff, William Tyndale, William Whittingham, King James, John Reynolds and more!
This 54 minute audio CD lecture will address questions such as:
- What is translation?
- What is transmission?
- What is transliteration?
- How did the Septuagint contribute to the forming of the English Bible?
- What is the Latin Vulgate?
- Who did the translating, and when?
- Who is John Wycliff and William Tyndale?
- When did the Bible first come into the English language?
- What historically took place leading up to the translation of the English Bible?
- Why modern translations?